Monday, August 15, 2011

Mt Kinabalu | 13 & 14 August 2011



Activities : Climbing Mt Kinabalu
Date : 13 & 14 August 2011

The day finally arrived.

Our time arrangement was roughly like this:

.Saturday.

5am wake up at home.
6am fetched by driver Jc from home.
7am reached Nabalu Park.
8am reached Kinabalu Park. ( *registration, breakfast buffet etc)
9am start the journey from Timpohon Gate ( 0km )
4pm reached Laban Rata ( 6km) ( *dinner buffet)
5pm moved to our rest house Gunting Lagadan Hut ( approximately 500m). 
        (* free activities - take pics, bath etc)
6pm sleep.

.Sunday.

1am      wake up at Gunting Lagadan Hut
1.30am went down the restaurant to have breakfast.
2am      go back Gunting Lagadan Hut to take stuff (* water, panadol etc)
2.30am start the journey again. ( from 6km onwards) 
            ( * from Laban Rata to Top is 2km) 
4.30am reach check point at Sayat-Sayat ( 1km from Laban Rata)
x.xxam reach The Low's Peak. ( 2.7km from Laban Rata)

9am      climb down from the The Low's Peak to Laban Rata. (* pack all the stuff, breakfast buffet)
10am    climb down from the Laban Rata to Timpohon Gate.
x.xxpm reach Timpohon Gate.

End.
Hera I am sharing some of my experiences.
Picture spamming : 

Me bringing two bags.
One is for the porter to help me carry to Laban Rata.
One is for myself to carry.

All of the clothes, extra shoes is carry by porter.
And other important stuff is carry by me
such as food, drink, camera, extra socks, first aid kit.

It is better to carry yourself the important stuff because for some cases, 
the porter will not walks with you.
When its raining, you have no raincoat to use.
When you headache, you have no panadol to eat.
When your socks wet, you have no sock to change.
When you thirsty, you have no water to drink. 

So in my this bag, you can find some important thing that you might be needed on the way climbing.
HAHAHA....
But if you lucky enough, the porter walks with you. 
You can take out your things anytime you want just like Lucky Ro.

just in case you are not lucky, 
bringing a bag yourself is much better.

The bag carried by porter is 4kg and it costs me Rm40.
He will carry it from Timpohon -Laban Rata & Laban Rata -Timpohon.

So for whoever that thinks they not able to carry their bag,
can just use the porter service.

 On the way to Kinabalu Park from Kota Kinabalu.

 At Nabalu Park.
Sadly, no view of Mt Kinabalu.


 Continue journey to Kinabalu Park.

Group photo.
Jc is missing out because he is the photographer.

Breakfast buffet.
2 eggs. 1 apple. 2 bananas. 1 sandwich.

 At the main gate.



 The trail that we used.
Timpohon- Laban Rata - Low's Peak
0km-6km-8km
or 
0km-6km-8.7km

8km is consider the top according to pro (*roro said)
8.7km is the extra 700m to reach to the sign board that people usually take pic of.

 Dont forget to bring raincoat and put it in the easiest part to reach for your bag.
During our half way hiking, the weather was not good.
Raining.
 Me and roro at 5km.
1km to go before Laban Rata.

 The Sandakan gang.

 The KK gang.
 The Sandakan gang again.

Some of us dont have a good stamina. 
Thank you for the good stamina guys for waiting the not good stamina friends.
We got 11 in a group.
3 were on the front already.
8 more at the back and we walks on group.
Erm....
Quite pity one sandakan friend because his ankle hurt.

Sorry I could not remember all of their name.

 Tired.
 Randy the guardian.
We were overtake by many angmos.
See him take care roro....
No hurt feeling k.....
hahahhaha.........

 Roro praying, "oh god, please let us safely reach."

 Mountain plants.

 Roro, proud of you.
You made it to the top.

 Blog owner on the rest.

 The dinner upon reaching Laban Rata.

We had our lunch at somewhere 4km hut.
Not really sure though.

 Upon arriving Laban Rata.



 Walks to room.

 Its all mist around.
 A big achievement for the girl in black.
She is the alien in the group.
She bath with the cold water at the resthouse.
No one will bath there because its too cold.
Alien. Alien. Alien.

 Bro.

 Gunting Lagadan Hut.
The resthouse that we overnight.

 Its cold up here.
yet some people can no need use sweater...


 Me and bro!!!

Teo Sibling Boleh!!!!

LOL

It was very cold up there.
If you take off your gloves,
it can only last for 1 or 2 min then you need to wear back the gloves.

Somemore, upon reaching the peak.
You can only take pics for awhile.
Because the peak is very steep and not too much place can stand.
There are many climbers want to take pic too.
So one or two pictures,
the guide will ask you to go down and let other people take pic.

Lucky us, we are consider the late reach climbers.
Most of the earlier climbers went down already.
So we got more than one or two pictures at the peak.

HAHA.

And.
After climb to the peak, you need to faster go down. 
Because the temperature is too low.
Waiting too long at the peak area can cause you to have leg cramp.
That will be a serious matter if happen.
If no medicine around.
cham lo~




 Sandakan friend who made it to the top.
 Challenge each other.
Without wearing sweater.
 Along the way, you will see many stones scatter around.

The mountain guide said, when there is accident happens there,
such as a climber slide down and broke his/her leg.
They will put the rock at that area so that other climber wont step on that area again.
These stones are use as a reminder to the climber that not to step to that area.
it implying the area is dangerous, slippery.

 Started to feel hot.

Climber must go down as fast as possible before the hours tick off
because once the mist comes out and covers the mountain.
Scare the climbers cant see the path go down the Laban Rata.
It is very dangerous to climb down with blur vision.
can die one you know?


 Breakfast again or I consider it as lunch before walks down from 6km to 0km.



 Laban Rata last goodbye.

 walks down.
Its more relax.


 Blog owner me SS 1.

 The woods.



  Blog owner me SS 2.
 HOTTTTT!!!!!!
can feel the sunlight above my head already.

 Small waterfall at 0km -1km.

 Took at Balcony Kinabalu Park.
I beat you down already!!!!!!!
Muahaha...

bye bye and I shall climb you again....
if got fate.
Because coursemates planning to climb it on final year.

Actually, the reason I climb this mt is because :
My coursemates plan to climb it on the final years.
I scare that time I could not climb.
Because people always said, 
first time climb sure not reach,
second time sure will reach.

So I came with the decision to join Roanne's them.
If I reach half only,
I will continue work hard on the second try.

But........

I reach there dy!!!!

and friends, 

nextime when you ask other people they got reach the top or not,
if they said no.
Please dont look down on them.

The mountain guide told us, 
if before climbing, its raining,
then the climbing for that day is cancel.
So climber need to go back with frustration.

So we are very lucky it didnt rain that morning.

Rc didnt climb to the top for the first time.
He said his shoes was rosak.
And its raining the day before, the mountain is slippery.
So instead risking himself with the koyak shoes.
He quit.
But Congratulation to you.
You made it this time.
Tidak memalukan keluarga chew...hahaa..joking.

Rf.....u did a great job.
8km is not easy to reach.
and you did it...
I know you sure will go climb again after 5 year or more..
Because I know you is stubborn type.
Never ever give up.

Jc....
i have nothing to say..
erm...
Congratulation!!!!!!



And everyone.....Congratulation.

The colorful cert!!!!
=)


 Take nothing but photographs,
leave nothing but footprints.



Jc got ask when on the way back to KK,
"What did you learnt from this adventure?"


Nicole's thoughts :

I learnt about friendship 
Human is a complicated creature with different kind of emotions, thoughts etc you name it.
I am not a 100% perfect human being.
I keep telling myself I wont leave you away and we will do it together.

Sorry, roro...my egoism is killing me.
I think that there are two personal porter accompany you.
Thats why i leave you like that at first.
After that, you run away from the two uncles.
I realised you dont like them as company.
haha....

The second time of leaving you and randy...

my egoism made me think,
randy sure will catch up with me.
But he did not. 
Then I realized he must be waiting for you and together walks down.
I suddenly realized the big mistake that I had done.
I know you will keep said Its Ok.
But I really feel guilty.

Until the second pondok I decided to wait you guys.

Until you told me randy was tired and you wait for him.
I was totally in my guilty mode.

I forgot, Randy is best in climbing but not good in go down hill.
In walking up, he patiencely wait for us.
But walking down, i did not wait for you guys.

I am sorry.

I promised I wont let you two down next time.

Hundreds and thousand of friends are useless if you sucks at taking care of them.
Friend dont leave friend.
I know I always think about me, me and me.
No care other people feeling.
I will stop thinking about me, and start thinking about other people 
=)
I am sorry.
I will fan xing.

haha.....

The next thing I learnt is about be grateful.
Porter.
They are really good in strength.
Very respect them.
I grateful my parents give me comfortable shelter and so on.
Please dont look down on them.
If they have a second chance ( etc higher education)
do you think they will prefer having this job?
We dont know how their life is.........
When I look onto their face,
I dont have the guts to think.
Think about what? Anything.

When I see they carrying a lot of heavy things up to the mountain.
I can only scold inside my heart, "ma lai xi ya zhen fu suck!!!!"
They should have come out with a solution to solve this problems.

A cable car......
A small road....
up to the mountain...
its no possible huh? 
Just a matter of $$$.
humanity.
But nobody cares............
Those live in the city only know how to enjoy their marvelous life.

Ok...

Enough emo thoughts.


Last but not least.

Great experience with great people in my life.

A memory to be remembered.

A lesson to learn.

Another chapter closed.

I shall move ahead for another target in life.

Nicole.

9 comments:

  1. congrat....
    I really proud of u !
    heee...
    what is your next target?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. BRAVO!
    i reli love this post! u did a reli great job~
    very touching one. haha.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Mission accomplish! Muahahaha! Pandai oo u! So next time no body dare to say u " orang sabah tidak pernah daki mount kinabalu" u did it! Not everybody can u knw?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sasa: next target is final year project....haha
    cindy: thank you....=)
    khaiyee: Accomplish!!!!haha.....thank u yee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. JC : Actually I have something to say, it's doesnt matter if you leave friend or not, at last point they will meet you eventually, so....dont so get emo about this, like you said Human is not 100% perfect...for me, I left you guys far behind, I got my own reasons...I wants to climb alone to keep my mouth shut, because for me silence mode will keep me more energy, that;s is why I wanna alone either I'm faster or slower...dont say I leave you guys meaning I wannt break friendship...of coz no la, I just wanna faster end this suffering of my legs, I believe my legs were far more pain than you guys...you see, We all meet again in the end, meaning we unite again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. But for you nicole, I still remembered at the second pondok you said "Randy always wait for me and always beside me along the way up the mountain, so I'm gonna wait for him" Is good that you think that way... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK......i got it...we...diff people...diff opinion..... =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...diff ppl diff taste :D ...am I a blogger now? haha, because I cant comment here?

    ReplyDelete