Friday, September 30, 2011

Wow...a week just over.

30/09/11 Friday.

It's Friday people!!!!

Five days of class and I can say that Final Year is not fun at all.
Its all about rushing work.
What different compare to Year 1, 2 & 3 was we need to expand our skills to outside the boundary of uni. There is two community service that require us to do the task outside the uni.

First community service consist of 35 students and its about construct an infrastructure or we simply call it Bus stop project. Oh yeah~ these 35 heads are going to construct a Bus Stop for a kampong in Papar. We need to do it from A- Z. Not we become the labor but we plan everything to set up the project. It seems easy but it need go through a lot of process.

I am under Consultant team. The team that going to responsible if the Bus Stop collapsed. :( It sounds exciting to me. I just love this kind of thingy. But I hope my leader will divide the work wisely and not him doing it all himself. I want learn the structural skills toooooooo....

After all, Final Year is not about finding excuses to be lazy. Yes! I applied it to myself and I remind myself everyday. This is the last chance for me to strike for the best in my university life. Hopefully its not too late.

Second community service consists of 9 students. This one is more hard. Because we have less man power. So one person maybe need to do 2 persons task. Its challenging. Hey~ I started like to challenge myself to the limit. This project is in collaboration with KK wetland center. Its still under progress. So I dont want to reveal to much here. hehe........

Its so exciting!!!! Today just had meeting with the group members and we roughly can see our path for this project. I love it when meeting that everyone give their own different opinions. And the best part is my two leaders are really so cooperating. I love their passion for making a project success.

To be true, I think in a meeting, we should really give commitment in the group. Not just coming and sit and listen other opinion and follow the flow. Some even just want to choose the easiest task in the group.
Just like the one that make me blood boil.


- Lets begin the complaining section -

She get the easiest task in the group including compile.

Hello? Come On? Compile man~ I expect you can do it perfectly. But it turn out.....let me list out :

  1. Cover page - No Batch stated, No course stated. Wrong Title printed.
  2. Table of content - just half page....usually we will make it to almost 1 page.
  3. Reference - Wrong citation. Suppose like this >>> Demetria Escovedo. 2011. Hipnotizing Moon. http://www.nicole-6966.blogspot.com 
  4. The slideshow no front page. 
  5. Objective - to save water.... 3 words only. suppose>> to save the usage of water per day.
OMG man! This super easy thing, do I had to remind you? You are 23 years old and final year student how can you make such a silly mistake. 

When I ask you.... 
Why you salah type the title? Ans : I dont know the title, I ask Oly, Oly told me. * blame on Oly.
Why so many mistake ah? Ans : I am sleepy that time, I do this until 2am. * errrr....  we all forward to you our part around 7 or 8pm....i thought you can edit and compile within 2 to 3 hours?

One more friend. How come you take anything from the internet and no citation ah? First time do project is it? Copy paste from the internet. I copy the whole paragraph and googled it on internet, I can find the exactly paragraph and no citation made on the sentences? Oh man~ You gonna be kidding me......

Luckily....

ALL THAT WAS CORRECTED BEFORE SUBMIT TO THE LECTURER.  

And now i can really breath properly....When I edit all of the report, nonstop scold in heart.
I am honestly here to say, I hate bad quality works. Even though I now I am tidak sebaik mana pun....but at least the effort must be there.....

If the title is hard, its ok to cooperate and discuss with each other and try your best to do it. I didnt force my group members to do something they dont know how to do. But you should at least do the basic one like giving correct citation etc...its the basic thing that you should know in doing an assignment. Content is second thing....compare to the basic one..If basic pun tak betul, apa lagi the content kan?  

Finish about assignment...I am phobia in group with someone i am not familiar with. I am comfortable working with the usual friends.

- end of complaining session.-

These few weeks started to drink a lot of coffee. Because it make me awake and energetic.

These few weeks sleep for 5-6 hours only. Sunday please come. Sunday is the only day i can wake up as late as i can or its the natural wake up day. :) 


A presentation is over.

Next week...
there is tutorial work to be submited on monday.
there is tutorial work to be submitted on thursday.
there is test on thursday.
there is 50 pages assignment to be submitted on friday.
there is presentation on friday.

Hello? This is Final Year?

* Faint.

Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment