Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Blood Donation | S. T. C.





Today went to Sabah Trade Centre Job Fair.
There is blood donation booth there.
Blood donation. 
Yeah~

I always wanted to donate my blood.
But i have no courage.
For friends that always hang out with me.
You know what my rambling is whenever I pass by a blood donation booth.
I will keep said, 
" I want donate blood!! I want donate blood!!"

Today without thinking all the consequences.
YES!
without any deep thinking.
I just go ahead and filled in all the forms.

Interviewed by the medical officer there.
All passed.

The nurse asked me,
"Are you sure you XX kg? "
Then I said, 
"Yes. WHy?"
That time I still dont know why she asking the question.
After that I just know, the other blood donater all not so thin.
So they doubt whether I can donate or not.

Donated the blood and get a certificate.

Back home and tell parents.
Both of them scolded me.

They said,
you need to climb Mt Kinabalu.
Do you think no effect for that?
Do you think you able to climb the Mt.?
Who ask you go donate blood?
Do you think you got enough blood?
Who tell you, you got enough blood?
If something happen how?
Why you go donate blood?
Next time dont go again.

I really no think about it.
I feel bad about my action.
I feel sad for my reckless action.
I should have just think twice before go donate blood.

I am sad.

Some of you maybe scold me stupid.

But whatever it is....

I hope my blood might save someone's life in the future.
No matter who it is.
I had done something I wanted to do long time ago.

Do I regret?
I feel...
 50% regret.
50% no regret.

Slap me on the face please...

HAHA

Because I feel I "betrayed" the two who love me for the 22 years.
I should have listen to what they said.
I will....

I learnt my lesson.
I will discuss with them whatever decision I do in the future to not let them down.

Whatever your opinion/ view about me, 
I am a mama girl.
I am a papa girl.
it wont change my decision towards my family.

Thinking about them who love me.
I will listen to both of your words.

This is the first and also the last time for me to donate blood.

:D

After write this post.

feel much more better.

but I am still feeling weak.


Nicole.

6 comments:

  1. nicole.. i want to bla bla bla again . before they poke u with a large needle for blood . they would check ur red blood cell , blood sugar , blood pressure . to check if u r healthy enough to donate blood . they wont n will never agree to poke u , if they found u have any abnormalities.just like me , the doctor refuse me strongly , eventhough i want to donate ! because I have very low blood pressure 68/47 . n he wonder why I still could walk like a normal human n not faint down . don't worry , ur blood will generate new blood cells for ur body . n u might donte for 250ml to 350 ml , it wont give alot effect , dont worry la.. about ur parents , next time . just discuss with them before u do anything , it is normal for them to worry about you . eat bayam , liver , something with iron to generate new blood cell in a faster way .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red meat
    Egg yolks
    Dark, leafy greens (spinach, collards)
    Dried fruit (prunes, raisins)
    Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels)
    Mollusks (oysters, clams, scallops)
    Turkey or chicken giblets
    Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans
    Liver

    iron contains foods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nic, dont worry too much, i donate 3times edi, not much effect, ur parents is just worry u, so they scold u, 骂是爱!frm now eat the food that sasa recoment u, build new blood! U still can go climb hills! No big deal! Prove for ur parents b every body to see! U can u can!!! U can girl, dont be too upset! Smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks wanlei....i forgot u are the pro in medical...AHHAHAHAH....ok i will take note of that.
    Khai yee: OKOK!!!now my target is build new blood.... :DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aduii...JunJun...you dont be too panic k...I donated 4 times dy...besides my bodyweight increased, nothing happened. Im quite sad to read your sentence saying that "its the first and last to donate blood"..Its about nothing but to save others' life. I hope you can continue la. Like what Sasa said, you donate because your health allows you to do so...otherwise, 想捐都没你份啦!

    Your parent scolded you not because of you did it wrong, its just that they maybe lack of info about this. Whatever decision you made, just need to explain more to them la..with acceptable reasons. I believe no problem de.

    Everytime I went to donate my blood, it makes me feel excited and happy like never before. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete